Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's been a LONG Day's night...

Yep, you heard that right.
My husband is a Utility Lineman and heavy machinery operator. He usually goes into work at 6:30 am and gets home when he gets home. It could be anywhere from an 8 hour day to 12-15 hours on average. He has spent time out of town... a LOT of time out of town. The entire first 18 months of our son's life he was gone from 4 days to 2 weeks at a time... and at the end of that he was gone for 3 months straight without a break. That was in 2008 when Hurricane Ike hit, he was in Houston and Galveston for Hurricane Restoration.

Oh yeah... Long day's night...
Well, Yesterday, Thursday, he went to work at the normal time. He calls me at oh... mid-afternoon to check in and I hear "I probably won't be home at all tonight." Yeah... nothing THAT new. I know that usually means I get to put the kiddos to bed myself and I'll likely be in bed before he gets home. Not this night... He didn't get home until nearly 10am Friday morning! A 27 hour work day! What did I do when he was gone? Well, after the kids were in bed of coarse... I crafted! It's my therapy!!!

So he got the call today, which actually woke him up at 4pm. Telling him they needed him again tonight ALL NIGHT. So he left again at 7:30 tonight and there's no end in sight as to when he'll be home. So what did I do tonight? Yep, you guessed it! I made more pretty things!

I can't begin to tell you how much I love my husband. Don't get me wrong... we used to have, um, 'words' about these insane hours. But we were married before he began this line of work nearly a decade ago... so we had an idea of what we signed up for. It just took us both a while to get used to it. I just Praise GOD that my husband has an amazing work ethic. In an economy that has hit the worst recession since the Great Depression of the 20's, my husband is out there working 50-80 hour weeks, doing whatever he has to do to provide for his family. He is great at what he does and I am VERY proud of him.

Ok, rambling over... going to bed now.









No comments:

Post a Comment